The funds raised by the PTC support social and traditional activities such as classroom parties,
Art Smart, MS Holiday Lunch, 8th grade celebrations. Beyond that we support field trips for all grade levels and assemblies for both Elementary and Middle School. Including CSO concert for 4th-6th graders, the Native American Tepee presentation for 3rd graders, The Medieval Feast and Assembly for 6th graders, $1000 per grade level for field trips and more.
When we are able to raise funds above traditional activities, we then help fund the Hornets Helping Hornets Grants. This is a list of items requested by teachers, administrators and families. Some past items we've been able to purchase include: Time For Kids Classroom Magazines, scooters for the gym, flexible seating options, learning games and manipulatives.
How it's done...
Families, Staff, and local businesses work together to accomplish these goals by:
- Purchasing Fun Lunch, Hot Lunch, and/or Ice Cream Days for your student(s) during registration.
- Paying classroom dues during registration
- Purchase the Directory App and/or School Calendar during registration.
- Eating out on Spirit Nights (Restaurant nights)
- Participating in Catalog Fundraisers
- Shopping at our Annual Scholastic Book Fair in November
- K-4 Friends Night at Flying High
- Buying Spirit Gear
- Shopping through Amazon Smile program
- Donating online
- Saving and bringing in Box Tops for Education
Thanks for all you do to make our school great!